This is one under recognized vital software. Quietly humming under the hood, I rely on it heavily for filling the HTML-XML gap. Working with screen scrapers is always an iffy maintenance proposition, though Paolo explains well the process for the non-initiated.
Engaging sites to create their own RSS feeds is ideal, but I want my RSS now. Would be nice to have a more community oriented, distributed effort, at scraping and maintaining “pre-RSS” feeds. I also heavily rely on the straining NewsIsFree syndicator.
Here’s the list of my RSSDistiller feeds. No guarantees these will update regularly.
- Burn It Blue Top electronic music site [html]
- this is Brighton & Hove News [html]
- Craigslist SF — Internet Engineering jobs [html]
- Craigslist SF — Software Engineering jobs [html]
- Duece of Clubs funny stories about phone booths [html]
- Edge big thinkers [html]
- Flipdog SF software search [html]
- The Memory Hole where did that news go? [html]
- Muxway Joshua Schachter’s quick links [html]
- Norra Vasterbotten far North Sweden news [html]
- Rathergood viking kittens updates [html]
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition [html]
- SF Station local events [html]
- Bruce Sterling [html]
- transportation for a livable city SF urban transport [html]
- Volunteermatch sf volunteer opportunities [html]
- William Gibson [html]
- x-entertainment 80s pop culture [html]