Work has been proceeding rapidly. Quick update.
* The southwest has been traced pretty extensively. Incredible work from OpenStreetMap mappers.
* We’re looking into purchasing satellite imagery for the north or the entirety of Gaza. There’s actually B/W imagery available from yesterday! This may require a fund raiser, depending on the quote we get.
* JumpStart International has offered to host that imagery on the server, for tracing into OSM.
* We’re getting closer to bringing on Gazans living abroad, to add street names, place names, map features.
* AlertNet ran a story on the effort yesterday.
Thanks to all the blog posts and tweets to get the word out.
If you want to help, the OSM Gaza wiki is the place to start. It’s probably the most comprehensive listing on Gazan mapping generally. Or get in touch direct with me by email. Thanks.